Apr 13, 2015

10 THE CONFRONTATION - SOME DAYS TROUBLE JUST WALK UP TO YOU

Friday I walked 6 blocks to the library to pick up a book THE MAN WITHIN I put on hold for a series I am reading call BREEDS by Lora Leigh. The roads to the library are closed for the next 3 weeks due to streetcar rail replacement construction and the only way to get there is by foot, so off I went. Never the patient type when it comes to books I had already begun the series and skipped over this one Volume 2 as there were no digital copy from the library.

Reading a series out of order is a big no no for my eldest daughter who believes I should read the series in order. I had already read volumes 1, 3, 4, 6, 9 and started 7 & 8. My response to her horrified outrage? Yeah yeah, yadda, yadda, yadda, (rolling the eyes) whatever .

So, I arrived at the library, checked out the book and headed toward home. I stopped and asked the construction man where to pick up the bus going to Spadina Subway in light of all the detour due to the major construction I didn’t want to go wondering around. He said, "oh just up North one block and you can catch the bus." One block turned out to be 4 blocks.

As I finally neared the active stop I noted a Caucasian gentleman mid to late thirties with white earphones in his ear walking South to my North a short distance away. Ever diligent I became more alert as I noticed and shifted more to the right to make room for him to walk along left. However, instead of staying to the left he shifted right directly in my path. I thought, ‘no biggie’. I adjusted and shifted to the left. again he shifted directly in my path, he kept doing so until he was arms length in front of me. I moved to the right. Laughing he blocked my path while trying to look and sound innocent. I was not laughing. I did not know this man from a hole in the wall. I said, "back off!" He says, "what?" Grinning foolishly. I said more firmly, "BACK OFF!" Again he laughs coming closer. I thought, ‘hell no’ I back up a bit as he says again, "what!" pretending not to hear me or understanding what I was saying.

I quickly realized I needed to get serious fast. I took a deep breath and in a more serious tone that carried my intent, I shouted,  "MOVE!" with a roar. He jumped and quickly moved to his my left and walked quickly down the sidewalk without look back.

I breathed a sigh of relief, and laughed to myself as I replayed my response thinking, ‘Lord give me strength.’ I walked the rest of the way to the bus stop, boarded and may my way home.

red lilies

10 comments:

  1. Loolll. Some people are just trouble makers. He was obviously having fun at your expense.

    Atilola's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely....
      I don't know that fun was the agenda, in that general area there are many with mental health issues, so i wasn't trying to be friendly.

      Delete
  2. I noticed your comment in Paul's blog. I remember you , and I apologize for not responding. Thank you very much for the visit. I have had much trouble here as well. My apologies. All the best always. Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, life happens and many come and go, we don't always remember everyone that crosses our path.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha, he was obviously "looking for trouble"....or maybe going over the bend small small as we say in Niaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely thing he is as you say is "going over the bend small small."

      Delete
  4. It sounds as though he was looking for trouble Rhapsody. So glad you scared him off! Take Care hugs
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, I just had a nice comment disappear into cyber-space. Glad you were able to handle "trouble man" so well. You are right, sometimes trouble just walks up on us. Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...